Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Things change so fast


I realize that it has been awhile since I have truly posted here. Yes, I am still doing the youtube pagan challenge, there are more videos on my youtube channel, and yes, I fell behind in doing that too. For some reason windows 10 doesn't like my camera so every so often I have to go and download the drivers for it. *sigh* Which is part of the reason why I haven't caught up with the pagan challenge. The part was due to school and IEPG (Inland Empire Pagan Guild) stuff and I am getting to that. 

I was an assistant organizer on the Inland Empire Pagan Guild's council. the IEPG is what you could call a non-denominational pagan group open entirely to the public. This meant that everyone was welcome, it was family friendly, and we did rituals and workshops exploring different magical elements and explored many traditions. It wasn't just Wiccan, Druid, Heathen, Kemetic, Native American Shamanism, it was all things. It was fun, most of the time, however when you can't get people to share the hard work and responsibilities, or do what they say they are going to do, or even work with you to help improve the group's structure, it becomes an overwhelming chore and what was once a positive, beautiful thing, turns dark with frustration, pain, and anger- just negative all around. I don't have the time or energy for that, especially not when I am finishing up my Bachelor's degree, looking at Grad School, trying to jump start my writing career, being a homemaker, and still trying to maintain a social life of some kind. 

So, after much thought, tears, and struggling, I stepped down from the council. It was extremely hard. The IEPG got me through a really hard time in my life. But I got what I needed from the IEPG. I formed some great connections with people and have a great group of friends, who have become family. I've learned many valuable lessons from these people, not just in the spiritual sense, but also in the life lessons sense. 

So what am I doing and where am I going from here? Not sure. I'm part of a Witch Club that is developing and I go to a Heathen friend's house whenever they host something. Amanda and I have been talking off and on about the possibility of starting something small and private within our home. We love the idea of a pagan book club and discussion group and thought even some practicum would be great, but we don't relish the idea of inviting everyone. We just don't have the room and sometimes, even people we enjoy socially, suck the life out of spiritual discussions or make them uncomfortable, so we're thinking invite only. But they are only ideas at the moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment