Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Exciting new things


A lot has been happening since I last posted. I've of course been busy with school and had a real dozy of a class. Some things have been happening with family. My Mom is sick again back home and she and my Dad have been struggling. Amanda and I are having it kind of rough with our living situation and her trying to find another job. She has graduated from her MFA program, YAY! At the moment we are in a place of transition. She's trying to find another job that will support us in a place of our own. We'd really love to move out of her parents apartment- no, we need to move out of her parents apartment. But that's a different story for a different day. Let's just say that I recently had a tarot reading from a friend from her "bitch" deck (I think that's what she called it) and it said for me to basically hang in there, keep going the course, because it's all going to pay off. 

Moving on. 

I was recently asked if I wanted to join the council of the local pagan group I've been a member of for the last year or so. I said yes, put in my application, and got accepted. So far I have held a very laid back full moon ritual and am going to be helping with Mabon. I am also leading a class on pagan prayer beads in December, a class on Past lives and reincarnation, and next year I will start a support group for area pagans with disabilities. I wanted the class to be all encompassing- not just focus on physical, mental, or emotional- all of them. Amanda and I are also going to start an out reach program. We have a lot ahead of us but I think it will be good.

I have not been on top of things in the last few months. I'm not sure why. I thought maybe I just needed some time to procrastinate or well, be a bit lazy. I also thought that maybe its been from all the depression, body aches, and fatigue from some of my health problems. It could be one or the other or a combination of all of the above. Either way, with the season change, I feel a bit more alert, alive, and excited. There's a lot I am looking forward to and plans to be made. I will be setting up a schedule within the next few days because I need to start writing again. Not just little things here and there or school assignments or short stories for workshop classes, but novel writing. And I need a couple of hours every day to sit down and just do that. Then I need a couple of hours a day for homework and a couple of hours to focus on my pagan studies. I have so much that I want to learn and research apart from IEPG stuff. I want to really write my Book of Shadows. 

So here's the short, simple, non-overwhelming list of plans:
1. Make a schedule 
2. Make sure it has time for me.
3. Delegate time wisely
4. Break subjects of study up.
5. Make a list of things I would like to focus on learning within the next couple of months.
6. Finish out my Pagan book challenge
7. Keep blogs updated.
8. Enjoy the season.

I could easily add sub sections to each of those but I am not going to. That's where I would overwhelm myself. Have to keep it simple.

Damn there was something else I was going to say, but for the life of me I can't remember. Hmmm. Well, until next time I guess...  

No comments:

Post a Comment